Nappy Stacker

I've been wanting to make a nappy stacker since well before falling pregnant, but for some reason, became quite timid to ever get started on it.

There's a few online tutorials which I read through, but couldn't find any to be exactly what I was after, or that seemed simple enough for me to follow sans-pattern. I made mine quite large so that it will fit big girl nappies in two years as well as the teeny tiny adorable newborn ones for very soon. I wanted to keep the colours fairly neutral soon so that perhaps one day all that may need changing is making blue ties in place of the pink ribbons.

Although it took me a while to get started, it actually wasn't difficult to make, and I am really pleased with how it turned out.

I found a sturdy piece of cardboard from a packing box and used this as the base size. I then cut my four side pieces based on the cardboard dimensions, and made them all the same height. The two side panels I made into isosceles trapezoids (yep, had to wiki my quadrilaterals for that one). I wanted the sides to be expandable but didn't want to mess around with too many pleats.

I used the base board in the stacker to hold the base firm. I covered one side of the board with batting and covered it in the same fabric. It feels lovely with the padding rather than solid board.

I wanted to use ribbons at the top so that I have flexibility with how it is displayed, not limiting me forever to a coat hanger.

I am really happy with how it turned out and couldn't help myself, and have already started filling it with nappies!! It will hold almost 70 newborn diapers, soooo, that's the first week taken care of!! 

Oh golly...