Apparently, I am YEARS behind! I had never had a courgette chip until I made these last month. GASP. There seems to be a heap of recipes floating around Pinterest at the moment, and so I thought I'd see what all the fuss was about.
pointed out that her recipe was well behind the game too, and that was posted nearly two years ago, so lets just call it like it is, ask your Gran for a recipe before coming to me for an innovative recipe for your humble courgette.
Moving right along. It seems that all those many, many people before me were onto something because these are tasty. Simple. Healthy. Good. I made mine dairy-free but the Parmesan would add a tasty extra crunch too. I am not sure that this would work all that well gluten free, as the courgettes would make the almond meal too damp and not crisp up enough. So perhaps this might not be one for gluten intolerant.
2 eggs, lightly beaten
Breadcrumbs mixed with salt, pepper and a little paprika
1. Slice the courgettes into long fingers (a little thicker than julienne)
2. Coat each courgette finger in plain flour. Shake off excess.
3. Dip each courgette finger in egg. Hold above egg mix to let excess drop off
4. Roll each courgette finger in breadcrumbs.
5. Place on a baking tray and bake in 180C/350F for about 15 minutes until browned.
6. Enjoy with sauce of your choosing. I started with salsa, and finished with tomato ketchup and mayonnaise! I think garlic aioli would go well with it too.