This week, and for the coming weeks, there's a lot to love and be gratefully reflective on. With my Husband now finished work, we can start packing up our life and spend some time together enjoying London for the last time. I'm excited to share this weeks' Five on Friday and love linking up with these lovely ladies (April, Christina, Darci and Natasha). Here's my favourite five for the week!
1. Announcing our exciting news that we are moving to Abu Dhabi. It's been such a long process and so feels great to finally share the news and get excited about this huge change. But before we go we are taking full advantage of Garden Leave! We are coming up with quite the bucket list of things to do before we leave London and some really exciting travel plans for November.
2. Burger and Lobster. I've been wanting to go to Burger & Lobster for such a long time, and now that we have some time together midweek we met up with Pete's brother Luke and went there for lunch. It is a bit of a London establishment and couldn't be more straightforward. There are 3 things on the menu. Burger, Lobster or a Lobster Roll. All come with chips and salad and we can't vouch for anything other than the Lobster, which we all ordered, plus a side of chips for the bambina!! And it was AMAZING!
3. Getting to be part of the inner Notting Hill circle, even if it was just for an afternoon. We went to a housewarming of an old mate of Pete's, in a a beautiful flat in Notting Hill. After getting used to the abundant space and child-free extravagance, we snuck outside for a little fresh air, and to sneak a look at the inner sanctum. Private gardens of Notting Hill are every bit as magestic as in the movie. This huge green space, overlooked by beautiful white mansions, wasn't a bad place to have a little swing and play.
4. A fresh hair cut. I really don't enjoy going to the hair salon that often, and so I don't! Every six months or so I book in for a good clean up, and feel like new afterwards! Nothing drastic, but 4 inches shorter and summer-blonde ready, I'm all set for life in the sun!
No selfie photo necessary!
5. Quiet time in the park. Its one of the things I am going to miss the most about living in London. We usually find a way to get to the Heath most days and I just love finding a quiet little spot, taking some snacks or a ball for Maddie, and just enjoying the fresh air for a little while. Mid-week it is always pretty quiet so I enjoy just sitting and taking a few moments to slow down and recharge.
Happy Friday and Happy Weekend!!!!