Our weeks are becoming increasingly hectic! We are cramming in a whole lot into our last few weeks in London. We have so many places to eat and people to see, as well as organising our November travels and oh you know, organising for air freight and sea freight of all of our worldly possessions!! I am so glad I started the Five on Friday posts though, because it allows me to sit and take stock of our week and reflect on all the many good things that have happened. I think without this, it would be all too easy to get wrapped up in the stress and mayhem!
1. Rain. I know, its sacrilegious to be in London and wanting it to rain some more, but we are really relishing the opportunity to soak in some rain before we leave. Apparently it rained just three days last year in Abu Dhabi, so we are really enjoying playing in puddles and going for walks in the rain.
2. Colour coordinating with the leaves!! Coming from an Army family, camouflage has always been a very acceptable fashion choice. And so with that, its only natural for me to dress Madeleine to match her surrounds! Good thing the leaves are turning pink.
3. Afternoon Tea's that roll straight past dinner and onto dessert! Leaving an afternoon tea reservation at 9:30pm is definitely a sign of a lot of chatter!! The lovely Emma, Kelly and I had a very civilised Jimmy Choo Afternoon Tea at the Berkley Hotel during the week, as our last tea before I leave. Laugh and laugh we did, as well as guzzle some bubbles, amazing teas (caramel pear anyone) and ate our body weight in gluten free delights.
4. Laughter. On Wednesday we finally made it to Book of Mormon. We were expecting it to be offensive, and it was, but it was also hilarious. It was our first ever London show, so we loved having that experience before leaving. Wednesday Matinee's are soooo much cheaper than the evenings, and we had amazing seats for a quarter of the usual price!
5. US tv shows being back. Whenever I have a wholesale order of balloons I have many many hours of sitting in one place filling balloons with confetti. And so I figure I may as well be entertained at the same time. Often I will watch some TED Talks or watch some Attenborough, but then, a lot of the other time, I watch trash. The Mindy Project, Nashville, Grey's, Parenthood and Modern Family are my current "must-watch" shows and each are the perfect accompaniment to very mind-numbing activities!!!
I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!