I can't believe how quickly Friday's are coming around at the moment!! Time is just whooshing by right now. This time next week we will have put all of our boxes on a boat bound for Abu Dhabi and will have set off on our November of travel.
1. Restaurant Gordon Ramsay. Without a doubt the best meal of our lives. Past, present and most likely well into the future too!! I managed to put some overwhelmed words together for post one of two.
2. Early Christmas decorations. Usually I am with everyone tsk-tsking the early arrival of Christmas in the stores but this year it couldnt come early enough! Its going to be a bery different Christmas for us this year, and i for one am pleased for some early Christmas cheer.
3. The littlest friends. This past week has been filled with goodbyes. I am not so great at saying goodbye to friends, and now I get emotional seeing Madeleine saying goodbye to her friends too. But, it makes me so proud to see that at just two years of age she has connected with other little people and has her very own little friends. (This sweet photo is of Maddie and Viola from last weekend, curtesy of Aspiring Kennedy)
4. A newborns' smell. Is there anything better than inhaling the sweet purity of a newborn baby? I had forgotten the intoxicating smell, until holding my friends' little boy yesterday and heavens above, hello instant broodiness, hello old friend!
5. Baking with Maddie. I LOVE how much Maddie loves to cook. If she's having a rough day (as two year olds seem to have every now and then) I merely hint towards baking and her world is sunshine again. She'll quickly run and put her chair in the kitchen, tell me "no no no mummy, recipe first, you get book" and then proceeds to "help" with baking. She loves pouring the ingredients into the bowl and then "tap tap tap"ing the cups. Oh, and forget the spoon, my kid goes both hands in! That's my girl.
I hope you have such a wonderful weekend! We have lots of catching up to do and some actual packing to get done!!! I've sold some key pieces of furniture (namely ALL our shelves/bookcases, which means they have to all be empty by 5pm today!! Big day ahead!!).